Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Get Your Word Out

I believe I'm not alone when I say something like,
"I'm new here."
And I believe, correct me if I'm wrong,
that our whole ward is new.
New houses and meeting house gave it away.
Anyway,
I bet there are lots of ladies who have talents or even jobs that we didn't know about.
I'll go first.
I'm a massage therapist.
I went to school back in the day (2002) in Salt Lake City.
I went back to Alaska where I had my own business for about 2 years before going on a mission.
I don't work now but I'm always open to helping out a friend.
How bout you?
Maybe there is a hair stylist?
Nail tech?
Midwife?
If you are a midwife/doula I'd like to chat with you!
Dressmaker?
Quilter?
Cake Decorator?
Realtor?
Accountant?
You get the idea.
I bring this topic up because I'm constantly looking for ways to keep my money local.
I like to buy local, shop local and keep myself from going up north anytime I need something.
Its also the bread and butter of my next topic, "Ways to Save".
I'll try and keep up with some of the local deals to help you save a few dollars.
Please leave a comment if you do something that you'd like to share with us.
Also leave some info that I can pass along.
I really am serious about finding a midwife/doula too.
And if you know of someone who isn't in our ward but has something great to offer, pass that info on too!!
S.C

No comments: