Thursday, June 24, 2010

Some 5K's of Interest

July is FULL of local 5K's!!

July 10th is Lavender Days out at the Young Family Farms here in Mona and its a 5K you don't want to miss! You run/walk through the IN BLOOM lavender fields with over a thousand other people! Its a feeling and event you will want to be a part of!

http://events.youngliving.com/view.faces?regionid=4&eventid=3777

https://www.aiyevents.com/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=15

Either link will take you to registration. $19.50 for pre-registration and $29.95 day of race. The swag bag for this race is worth every penny!!!

July 17 is Ute Stampede in Nephi. I haven't done this one yet but I am doing it this year! (I'm a 5K walker this year if you need a good walking buddy!)

UTE STAMPEDE “FUN RUN” at the City Park (435) 623-1485

This one starts at 7am and you can pre-register for a lower price. I believe I paid $12 and I think its like $15 or $17 day of the race. I do also believe there is breakfast at the park so this one might be a double hitter!!

July 24 is our own MONA Utah Days 5K!! Not sure you can get more local then this! Hit up the City office for pre-registration, $10 (great deal!!). More info on your last city bill. I heard a rumor that our Mayor did this one last year!

So get your walking/running shoes out of the dusty closet and get moving! Walking or running is such a great way improve health and general well being! Hope to see many of you out this July at the local 5Ks!

No comments: