Sunday, May 9, 2010

Motherhood

" Mom, mommy, mamma, mom, mom, mommy, mom, mom..."
"I'm hungry."
"He's touching me."
"I don't like peas."
"I want to go to the mall."
"I pooped."
"WHY NOT MOM??!!"
"Whatever."
"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWAAAAAAA"
"Honey, the baby is awake."
"You have some throw up on your shirt."
"NO! You can not take the car!"
"Be home by 9:00pm SHARP!"
"You're grounded!"
"Hey, you got an A!"
"I don't care what the other kids have, you're not getting a cellphone."
"Team captain, that's my boy!"
"I can't wait to get my soccer mom bumper sticker."
"Yes, he's All-State, two years now."
"You did what to who??!!"
"That's it, no more, time OUT!"
"MOMMY IS TAKING HER OWN TIME OUT!"
If you have heard some or all of this, I salute you.
Mothers are a pretty special thing.
If there is anything we all have in common, its that we all have our own moms who have also heard these same things. From Us.
SO,
Happy Mothers Day to all you great, patient, wonderful, full of love all the time, hair done Moms!
And Happy Mothers Day to the rest of us too!!
Here's to the Good Life!

No comments: