Monday, November 16, 2009

Visiting Teaching Thought


At the General Relief Society Meeting, Henry B. Eyring shared a wonderful talk about "The Enduring Legacy of Relief Society." I wanted to share part of that talk with you. He said, "For instance, each time you and your companion prepare to go visiting teaching, you just need to remember what success will be. It will be more than getting in the door. It will be more than giving a message. It will be more than asking how you can help. Success will come perhaps only after many visits. And you may not in this world see the evidence that you have succeeded. But you can feel by the Spirit if you are on the way."

I believe each visiting teaching route in our ward has it's own challenges. But please, don't give up. I made changes on the routes last week for the last time until February. I hope you will continue to try and make an effort to visit each sister each month. If there are changes that need to be made, please let me know. I will make note of it and make that change then. Thank you for all you do. Cassie 801-636-2441

No comments: