Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Can Exercise Really Help You Eat Better?


I've always wondered why I eat so much or so many of the wrong foods.
My battle with being overweight has been going on since junior high.
My bad habits are strong and true!

"Eat everything on your plate, there are starving kids in China!"
"You're not full, eat it up!"
"Finish your happy meal dear, we wont eat again till supper."

Said anything like that before? Better yet, did you hear that growing up and now you say it your kids?

These small things carry with them eating habits that go far beyond our adolescent years. And they aren't good things to teach our kids.
They really aren't good things to be practicing as adults either.

I do believe that there are ways to break the habit and be healthier.

Exercise.
Seems easy enough.
Move more, burn more calories.
Burn more calories then you eat and you lose pounds.
Burn as many calories as you eat and you will maintain your weight.

I don't count calories.
I don't really know what a calorie is to be honest.

So I exercise.
About 30 minutes a day, taking one day off a week. Usually Sunday. Just seems right.
I will walk on the treadmill for 30 min, or bike.
I'll even dance around my living room with my two year old for 15 minutes before a light cardio workout.
Exercise can be ANYTHING.
Walk to the post office.
I know for a fact we all live within 2 miles of it. Most of us much much closer.
Take the kids to the park but skip the park bench.
Go to a friends house and workout together or share workout DVDs.

Even if you are pregnant, like me, you can workout.
You just take it easy and talk to your doctor.
Move
Drink lots of water.
Eat better.

Trust me, after a good workout you don't feel like pizza or pie. You want power food.
Anything green, grows in the garden or you find on the outside perimeter of the grocery store is pretty much your power foods.

So see if it works.
Let me know.

I would also like to extend an invitation to any ladies out there who are pregnant and would like to know more about things they can do. Or just workout with me to keep me motivated!
Buddy up, it will make a world of difference!

1 comment:

Sadie said...

Its okay to comment here ladies! I have a Schwinn running stroller for sale if anyone is interested. 623-0193
Sadie