Monday, September 7, 2009

Thank You Sisters!

I want to thank all of you who made an effort toward your visiting teaching in August. I know it isn't always easy to do, but many of you accomplished it. I lean on you to help me reach the needs of the women of our ward. As much as I'd like to, I can't reach everyone. I'm always grateful when I have a concern (or the bishop has a concern) to learn that that family has good visiting teachers. Your role is so important. Never underestimate the value of this calling and even the simple work of being friends with those you teach.

As president of this relief society my number one concern is visiting teaching. I won't let it slide. Each month I will make the necessary changes to help reach the needs of each sister. I want each sister to know she's important enough that we have great visiting teachers for her. The changes I needed to make for the September routes, I finished today. Tomorrow and Wednesday I will be delivering them personally to each home. If you don't receive one, I didn't make a change. If you feel a change would help things run more smoothly for you, please let me know. I won't judge or criticize, I just want it to work. I know it can. We're all at different times in our lives. Sometimes we can do more work than other times. Believe me, I've been there.

I love visiting teaching. It has blessed my life. I know your life will be blessed as you put in the effort.

Love to you all!
Cassie

No comments: