Wednesday, September 16, 2009

More Fruit Fly Helps

Yesterday I heard from a couple of you concerning fruit flies and received some more great ideas.

Kristie Walker uses a spray called, Konk I, flying insect spray. You can purchase it at Greenline in Nephi, Cal Ranch or IFA. It's a small can and has lasted her a couple of years. She sprays it around her sinks when needed and loves it. She also recommends a fogger, or bomb that kills nearly every flying bug in your home when used.

Kae Newton has found great success just vacuuming up her fruit flies. She gets out the hose and has no mess left to clean up. The flies go right into her bag and never come out. Kae's vacuum works better for this than mine because we tried this last week with our vacuum and we just scared the flies away and caught none of them.

1 comment:

Ilene said...

I have also tried to bait for them. I put a piece of banana in the sink. Then I come back 30 min later and spray them with Windex. Then I wash them down the drain while they can't fly. This seems to deplinish the numbers substanially